Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 1 of Soc 200: Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Talia. 

I am starting my first year of college this year and I feel both nervous and excited.

I have been a ballet dancer for my whole life and I've danced with professional companies throughout the United States. I took a gap year after high school to dance ballet professionally and to fully pursue and enjoy my dream. 

I felt unsatisfied by the life of the artist/athlete. I had to work my mind and body so intensely and for such little money, respect, and security. Compelled by a yearning to give to society more deeply and directly, I have decided to start school to become a Registered Nurse. Ultimately, I intend to obtain a Doctor of Nursing Practice and become either a Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Anesthetist. I am very excited to begin my new journey...

I also enjoy nature, exercising, coffee, good books and movies, family, friends, and laughter.

I look forward to meeting everyone, learning, and sharing thoughts and ideas throughout this course. :-)

Take care,

Talia

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we have 3 of us nursing students (or prospective nursing students in my case) here so far. Glad to see I'm in good company. It sounds like your ballet tour must of been an exciting experience, even if it did not end up being the career you want to stay in at least you did it! Good luck with your studies both in this class and beyond! I look forward to following your blog throughout the semester.

    ReplyDelete